SAF launches a series of free mental wellness webinars

ALEXANDRIA, VA. — In response to industry feedback and a growing need for resources to help business owners and their teams improve their wellbeing, SAF is launching a series of webinars focused on Mental Wellbeing: The Impact on productivity, retention and profits. All webinars will be presented by SAF Orlando 2022 speaker, industry author and motivational coach Barry Gottlieb.

In today’s workforce, 75% of employees suffer from anxiety, the remaining 25% are in denial, and a disengaged employee costs a company 34% of their salary. A company is as resilient as its employees. If employees are anxious, reactive, and burnt out, all business metrics — from productivity to attrition to customer success — will be affected.

All businesses – large, small, e-commerce, bricks and mortar – need to place greater emphasis on mental well-being, stress management, gratitude and resilience.

The webinars will cover:

  • Research that shows why companies with happy and engaged employees enjoy better profits and better customer loyalty.
  • Why mental wellbeing needs to be considered in the workplace.
  • How to make small changes to improve well-being.
  • Anti-anxiety and anti-stress techniques such as breathing and meditation.

Each webinar will take place from 2:00 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. ET and will include a presentation with time for questions.

“The data speaks for itself, but SAF has also heard from so many flower professionals that mental health is a real issue – and it impacts business,” says SAF CEO Kate Penn. . “We’re making this webinar free, so everyone in the industry can use the resources to help their teams.”

The webinars will be recorded and available for on-demand viewing on Career Connection. Learn more and register for all webinars (or individual dates) here.

About the Society of American Florists

The Society of American Florists is the association that connects and cultivates a thriving floral community through training, education, marketing resources and advocacy. Our vision: The power of flowers in every life. For more information, visit

About Shirley A. Tamayo

Check Also

Post-hurricane program aims to help reduce stress

SLIDELL, La. (AP) — The 10 women gathered on yoga mats in a New Orleans …